I’ve learned from personal experience a few irrefutable truths in life:
- I’ve learned if my son Frank pulls out an earbud when I walk into the room–it’s the ultimate sign of respect
- I’ve learned when you’re overweight, every day is leg day
- I’ve learned the phrase “Potato-potato. Tomato-tomato” looks absolutely stupid in print
- I’ve learned telling your mom or your wife to calm down is like trying to baptize a cat
- I’ve learned to make sure my kids draw and color cute pictures on Mother’s day because for some reason mom’s actually put stock in this ‘holiday’ and because it’s a lot cheaper than buying stuff and I somehow still credit for the thought.
In all honesty, I truly do want to wish all the Mom’s out there a great Mother’s Day and thank you for the men you have brought into this world. The truly good men that is Freemasonry. (So, calm down Jean, I am wishing you a happy Mother’s Day too!) So, Brother’s if you can, take an extra moment to hug the mom/moms in your life be it your mom, grandma, your children’s mom, your mother-in-law and thank them.
- Oh, and I also learned when you say ‘raise up lights’ you’re saying ‘razor blades’ like crocodile Dundee and our Secretary Brother Barry Diehl do, mate.
Cordially and Fraternally
Note the electronic Trestleboard is published monthly. Changes in dates and or times are reflected on our Calendar Page, which is updated as needed.
Forest Lodge No. 130, F & A.M.
May 1st — 7:00 PM Stated Communication
May 15th — 7:00 P.M. Stated Communication and Amendment of By-Laws Vote.
May 22nd – Highway Cleanup (Weather Permitting)
May 29th – York Rite Appreciation Night
**Note Forest Lodge 130 now meets at the Merrill Masonic Center, 916-1/2 E. Main St. Merrill, WI 54452**
Wisconsin Valley Shrine Club
Wisconsin Valley Shrine Club meets every Friday for a noon luncheon at the Wausau Elks Club.
Wausau York Rite
May 14th — 7:00 PM. Stated Commandery.
May 16th — 7:00 PM. Stated Meeting, Chapter and Council.
Scottish Rite Club
Log Cabin Restaurant at 7:00 A.M. on the first, third, and fifth Wednesdays each month.
Wisconsin Valley Auxiliary
Our auxiliary meeting will be held at Papillions, in the Shopko Mall on May 10, 2019 from 11:30am – 1:30pm. Gayle Tesch and Barb Sieglaff will provide an overview from the WGA 4 Kids Conference held on April 29, 2019 in Minneapolis MN. The auxiliary again tied blankets for the children’s hospital at the Grace United Church on April 24th from 5:30pm – 8:30pm. Mary Anderson had (11) volunteers from Kohl’s and several members from our auxiliary participated in tying blankets.