Greetings from the East!
In our busy lives we often neglect to do two very critical things. First, we often don’t take time for ourselves. Through our normal vocation, family time, church time and other calls of duty, we often just forget to slow down and relax. Secondly, we often neglect to simply show gratitude for the things we have or the blessings bestowed upon us. We simple forget to say ‘thank you’.
November, being the month of Thanksgiving, I would encourage you all to slow down for one brief moment and think about all of the possible things by which you could be grateful. For some it is simply having another day or having a job. For many it is having a great family and/or great kids. Truly we could all sit down and make an easy list that would include things like books, computers, dogs, trees, cars, a home, and much more. Of course, each person would have a unique list that truly defines their character.
There is a big day coming up this month on Thursday November 24th. The day we gather with family and friends to remember what we are grateful for. Might I suggest that there are things to be thankful for each and every day, and doing that will make you an even happier person. Happy Thanksgiving!
There is so much within the body of the Lodge to be thankful for and it is only appropriate to take a moment to say Thank You to the:
- Officers for all of your hard work that you have put into the Lodge this year. I could print page after page of all of the hard work and support each officer has given this year.
- Past Masters for the support and guidance you have given me throughout my years of being a Mason.
- Brethren for assisting and guiding my Masonic growth, and just for being a great group of people.
- Stewards for bringing great snacks for refreshment time at our meetings.
- To all of the Brethren who assisted with taking parts and conferring degrees.
- Everyone who attended Lodge this year, for taking time to be there and sharing in the vision of our Lodge.
- And to those who were not able to attend Lodge, but continued to keep our Lodge in your thoughts.
November 16th will be my last ‘stated meeting’ as Worshipful Master. Please plan to attend, as we review all of the accomplishments that the Brothers of Forest Lodge contributed to throughout the year! All Entered Apprentices and Fellowcrafts will be invited to attend this meeting as well. I look forward to filling the Lodge room, and seeing all of you there!
See you at Lodge!
Sincerely and Fraternally,
Worshipful Master, Forest Lodge #130
The electronic Trestleboard is published monthly. Changes in dates and or times are reflected on our Calendar Page, which is updated as needed.
Forest Lodge No. 130, F & A.M.
November 9th – Stated Meeting – Election of Officers for 2023
November 16th – Stated Meeting
December 14th – Installation of Officers – dependent on the prerogative of the new WM
December 28h – Stated Meeting
November 26th – Shriners Breakfast with Santa at the Wausau Labor Temple
Wausau York Rite
November 3rd – Wausau Council #22 Meeting at 6:30 PM
November 3rd – St Omer Commandery #19 meeting at 8:00 PM
December 1st – Wausau Council #22 Meeting at 6:30 PM
December 1st – St Omer Commandery #19 meeting at 8:00 PM
Scottish Rite Club
Log Cabin Restaurant at 7:00 A.M. on the first, third, and fifth Wednesdays each month.